In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I have the pleasure in speaking to Director of Performance at Melbourne Storm, Lachlan Penfold. Lachlan has an incredible CV with clubs including Golden State Warriors (NBA), Sydney Roosters (NRL) and the Brisbane Lions (AFL). After an incredible year at Golden State when he was there as Head of Physical Performance and Sports Medicine, naturally, his work in the NBA was a topic we delved deep into. I hope you enjoy the episode.
In this episode, you will learn -
- Who is Lachlan Penfold (background, experience, and current role)
- Lessons learned from the NBA
- Recovery methods
- Communicating effectively with coaches
- Injury risk reduction strategies
- Developing change of direction speed in rugby league
- How that differs in basketball
Lachlan can be found on Twitter @lachlanpenfold
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.