Pacey Performance Podcast #134 - Nigel Tilley (Consultant Physiotherapist on the PGA European Tour Golf)
In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking to consultant physiotherapist at the PGA European Tour Golf, Nigel Tilley. Nigel has a very interesting role which takes him all over the globe working with world's best golfers. Given that he worked for the Bahamas FA in a previous role, Nigel certainly has a cracking CV.
In this episode you will learn -
- Who is Nigel Tilley (background, education and current role)
- Demands of golf and training to meet them
- The role of the S&C coach in golf
- Common injuries and methods to mitigate those risks
- In-season S&C for golfers
- 'Core training' for the professional and amateur golfer
Nigel can be found on Twitter @nigel_tilley
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is also sponsored by Fatigue Science. Fatigue Science combine wearable technology with biomathematical science developed by the US Army to offer fantastic insights into sleep and cognitive fatigue.