In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking to Head of Physical Preparation at British Triathlon, Ian Pyper. Ian has come through the English Institute of Sport working with a number of different sports from boxing to table tennis. With the huge success of the British triathlon team over the last few Olympics with Alistair and Jonny Brownlee, Non Stanford and Vicky Holland, it was fantastic to get Ian on to discuss the facts behind this success.
In this episode you will learn -
- Who is Ian Pyper (education, background and current role)
- Prioritising what's needed for triathletes
- Evaluating risk of injury for the athlete & sport
- Tapering for events
- Strength training for endurance events, where & how it is built in
- Enhancing running technique
Ian can be found on Twitter @IanPyper
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.