Pacey Performance Podcast #188 - Scott Talpey (Assistant Professor at Southern Connecticut University) & Warren Young (Associate Professor at Federation University)
This episode is a little different in the sense we don't discuss the nuances of training but look at the education climate across three continents. How are we preparing students to work in professional sport? How does this differ in the US to Australia? How can we better structure out Bsc & Msc programmes to maximise the chance of employment? Enjoy!
In this episode, you will learn -
- Who are Warren Young & Scott Tapley (background, education and current role)
- Popular Bsc & Msc course structures (both)
- Problems with this structure
- Why its not giving students what they need to move into the applied world
- Msc course at Federation University (Warren)
- What makes it different?
- What students leave with compared to 'normal' courses
- Collaboration within universities (Scott)
- What does this look like in practice
- Where is the industry at? (Warren)
- Discussion about the above (job from Irish Rugby which has just been published and then removed due to public social media pressure)
- Where the industry is heading (Scott)
- Further academic evolution?
- Most influential books (both)
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is sponsored by Fatigue Science. Fatigue Science combine wearable technology with biomathematical science developed by the US Army to offer fantastic insights into sleep and cognitive fatigue.