Pacey Performance Podcast #235 - Paudie Roche (Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach at Arsenal Football Club)
In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach at Arsenal Football Club, Paudie Roche. Unlike other part 2's I have done in the past, this one with Paudie comes only weeks after part 1 because of the response we both had on the back of that. This part 2 is a little different, however. Paudie was kind enough to put a tweet out and ask for questions which listeners wanted answering, so this episode is a Q&A based on listener questions.
I hope you enjoy this episode with Paudie Roche.
- Who is Paudie Roche (education, background, current role)
- S&C in foundation phase (Culture Coach)
- Role of play
- Exposure to different sports
- Olympic lifting and its role at Arsenal (Luke Jenkinson)
- Progressions and regressions
- Time investment
- Individualisation training (Lassi Laakso)
- Are we slowing down progress by individualising too much?
- Speed training at Arsenal academy (Neil Scanlon)
- Planning and programming
- Velocity based training (Ben Sayers)
- Thoughts on VBT
- Do you use it? If not, why not
- Internal and external load monitoring at Arsenal academy (Conor Cantwell)
- Biggest challenges faced as a newly qualified S&C coach (Jordan Fentiman)
Paudie can be found on Twitter @coach_roche_
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Hawkin Dynamics, the team behind the worlds only wireless force plate system. Hawkin Dynamics can be found at hawkindynamics.com and you can follow them on Twitter @hawkindynamics
This episode is also sponsored by IMeasureU. IMeasureU are a world leading inertial platform to precisely quantify body movement and workload metrics in the field. IMeasureU can be found at imeasureu.com and you can follow them on Twitter @imeasureu.
This episode is sponsored by BLK BOX, leaders in performance training equipment & facility design. BLK BOX manufacture and distribute a full range of strength training equipment across Europe from their Headquarters in Belfast, Northern Ireland. BLK BOK can be found at blkboxfitness.com and you can follow them on Twitter @blkboxfitness and Instagram @blkboxfitness.
This episode is also sponsored by the team at Notre Dame University and Australian Catholic University who are excited to host their second annual Human Performance Summit. If you want more information on the event, see the image below, visit their information page or follow them on Twitter @UND_HPS