Working with the countries most promising young football players at Arsenal academy with Paudie Roche (Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach at Arsenal Football Club)
In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach at Arsenal Football Club, Paudie Roche. Unlike other part 2's I have done in the past, this one with Paudie comes only weeks after part 1 because of the response we both had on the back of that. This part 2 is a little different, however. Paudie was kind enough to put a tweet out and ask for questions which listeners wanted answering, so this episode is a Q&A based on listener questions.
I hope you enjoy this episode with Paudie Roche.
- Who is Paudie Roche (education, background, current role)
- S&C in foundation phase (Culture Coach)
- Role of play
- Exposure to different sports
- Olympic lifting and its role at Arsenal (Luke Jenkinson)
- Progressions and regressions
- Time investment
- Individualisation training (Lassi Laakso)
- Are we slowing down progress by individualising too much?
- Speed training at Arsenal academy (Neil Scanlon)
- Planning and programming
- Velocity based training (Ben Sayers)
- Thoughts on VBT
- Do you use it? If not, why not
- Internal and external load monitoring at Arsenal academy (Conor Cantwell)
- Biggest challenges faced as a newly qualified S&C coach (Jordan Fentiman)
Paudie can be found on Twitter @coach_roche_