Injury reduction strategies in high performance structures; the good, the bad and the ugly Darcy Norman (Director of Performance Science at Kitman Labs)
In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Director of Performance Science at Kitman Labs and Performance Coach for the US Men's National Team, Darcy Norman. I am delighted to welcome Darcy on the podcast for a part 2 after he appeared over 3 years ago in this episode. Darcy is an incredible guy and someone I was lucky enough to grab dinner with in Rome when I was there on holiday in June 2018. A coach who has a CV to die for, Darcy is such a humble guy and is a pleasure to speak to on this podcast. Enjoy this chat with Darcy Norman.
- Who is Darcy Norman (background, experience and current role[s])
- Kitman Labs view/approach
- Injury reduction strategies - a practical overview
- High performance structures
- Where can HP managers make the biggest impact?
- What sport can learn from business and visa versa
- Meeting the needs of the coaching staff (even when that may not align with your philosophy)
- Working with international teams
- What you've learnt on both sides of the fence
- Maximising time with players (international team and Roma/Bayern)
- Realities of being away with an international team
- Jack of all trades
- 'Success' KPI's?
Darcy can be found on Twitter @darcynorman