Developing some of the most impressive young athletes in the world at Duke University with Aaron Getz (Associate Director for Performance [Football] at Duke University)
In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Associate Director for Performance (Football) at Duke University, Aaron Getz. Today's guest has been in the collegiate system at one of the biggest football programmes in the US for a number of years. In this episode we discuss how Aaron and his team build some of the most impressive young athletes in the world. We chat programming, the inclusion of Olympic lifting, his views on velocity based training, training with an eccentric or isometric emphasis and much more.
In this episode, we discussed...
- Who is Aaron Getz (background, experience and current role)
- Olympic lifting with collegiate athletes
- Teaching - progressions and regressions
- What happens to those that aren't competent?
- Cycling of unilateral bilateral work
- What changed with Covid and athletes returning?
- Guiding programming around fatigue
- Inclusion of training with an eccentric or isometric emphasis
- Coaching philosophy
- Inclusion of technology
Aaron can be found on Twitter @GetzAaron3