Pacey Performance Podcast #300 - Eddie Jones & Jon Clarke (Head Coach at England Rugby & Head of S&C at England Rugby)
Its episode 300... What an incredible journey it has been over the last 6 and half years. I have had the privilege to speak to so many great scientists and practitioners and episode 300 is no different as I am speaking to Head Coach at Englan Rugby, Eddie Jones and his Head of Strength & Conditioning, Jon Clarke. Eddie has been Head Coach of the England Rugby national team since 2015 having previously coached Australia to the 2003 Rugby World Cup final. Jon is a former professional rugby league players having represented Wigan Warriors, London Broncos, Warrington Wolves and Widnes Vikings. I am absolutely honoured to get both these guys on for episode 300. All I will say is that this episode does not disappoint.
I hope you enjoy this episode with Eddie Jones and Jon Clarke.
In this episode we discussed...
- Who are Eddie Jones and Jon Clarke (background, education and current role)?
- Transitions into coaching
- Teaching to coaching (Eddie) and playing to coaching (Jon)
- Passion for coaching
- What makes a good S&C coach?
- What you expect
- Character and personality
- Communication across departments
- Tactical periodisation
- What does this mean to you both?
- How it affects the physical preparation approach
- Specificity over generalised approach
- Influences outside of rugby and how it affects the performance environment
- Fitting new ideas into your programme
- Thinking outside your immediate circle
Eddie's podcast can be found HERE and Jon can be found on Twitter @
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Hawkin Dynamics, the team behind the world's only wireless force plate system. Hawkin Dynamics can be found at hawkindynamics.com and you can follow them on Twitter @hawkindynamics
This episode is also sponsored by IMeasureU. IMeasureU are a world leading inertial platform to precisely quantify body movement and workload metrics in the field. IMeasureU can be found at imeasureu.com and you can follow them on Twitter @imeasureu.
This episode is also sponsored by Omegawave, the only non-invasive readiness technology to assess both brain and heart. Omegawave can be found at omegawave.com and you can follow them on Twitter @omegawave.
This episode is also sponsored by Athlete Monitoring the world’s most comprehensive, versatile and cost-effective Athlete Health & Performance Management platform for elite sports. You can find their website at athletemonitoring.com or on Twitter @athletemonitor