In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Head of Performance Rehabilitation at Sports Surgery Clinic, Enda King. I spoke to Enda back in December 2017 and in this episode, we crank it up a notch. Enda shares some incredible information on the prevention and rehab of ACL injuries which he sees a lot of. He also shares some of the common problems that he sees when visiting elite organisations across the world. He recently visited Australia and met numerous NRL and AFL clubs and he shares some fascinating stories and learnings from that trip. If you're involved in the rehabilitation of injuries in any organisation, this is a must list.
If you enjoyed this episode with Matt Jordan, you may enjoy my part 1 with Enda King from December 2017.
In this episode we discussed...
- Who is Enda King (background, education and experience)
- Challenges in ACL Rehabilitation - what are we trying to achieve?
- RTP/Knee Symptoms/Second ACL Injury - where do we go wrong?
- Role/influence of graft selection on outcomes
- Does ACL injury = Brain Injury?
- When is it safe to RTP and how do we know?
- Key areas for focus (measurement (symmetry and biomechanics) and rehabilitation)
- Muscle/Strength Development (especially quadriceps)
- Power - concentric vs eccentric RFD
- Plyometrics - the role of ankle stiffness
- Running Mechanics and transitioning to on feet conditioning
- Change of Direction Mechanics vs agility
Enda can be found on Twitter @enda_king
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Hawkin Dynamics, the team behind the worlds only wireless force plate system. Hawkin Dynamics can be found at hawkindynamics.com and you can follow them on Twitter @hawkindynamics
This episode is also sponsored by IMeasureU. IMeasureU are a world leading inertial platform to precisely quantify body movement and workload metrics in the field. IMeasureU can be found at imeasureu.com and you can follow them on Twitter @imeasureu.
This episode is sponsored by BLK BOX, leaders in performance training equipment & facility design. BLK BOX manufacture and distribute a full range of strength training equipment across Europe from their Headquarters in Belfast, Northern Ireland. BLK BOK can be found at blkboxfitness.com and you can follow them on Twitter @blkboxfitness and Instagram @blkboxfitness.
This episode is also sponsored by Kitman Labs. Kitman partners with leading sports teams to achieve consistent success, on and off the pitch. Over 150 teams across the globe use Kitman Labs' Athlete Optimization System to simplify daily operations and rely on the company's unique analytics to uncover the factors that influence success. You can find Kitman Labs at kitmanlabs.com and on Twitter @kitmanlabs.