This is the first in person podcast I have done and it was great to chat to First Team Lead Sports Scientist at Hull City, Steve Barrett. Steve is a GREAT guy and like a few of the other guests I have had on recently, is a 'pracademic', someone who has a foot in both the academic and applied camp. With Steve's PhD investigating PlayerLoad, we naturally focus a lot around training monitoring but also dig into issues which he faces at Hull with multiple managers over the last few years. Enjoy!
In this episode, you will learn -
- Who is Steve Barrett (background, education and current role)
- Current role
- Changing of roles, responsibilities and influence with the different managers
- Needs analysis with each manager
- How does delivery change
- Training load monitoring, GPS, accelerometer data
- Reporting and demonstrating the information across to the coach. (Excel, power bi, power apps)
- Statistical use within daily,weekly and monthly/yearly reports and application
- Applying research- Using it as a guide and due diligence to a player/coach
Steve can be found on Twitter @stevebarrett5
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is sponsored by Fatigue Science. Fatigue Science combine wearable technology with biomathematical science developed by the US Army to offer fantastic insights into sleep and cognitive fatigue.