With well over 150 peer-reviewed journals and an unbelievable CV, I am delighted to FINALLY welcome Martin Buchheit on the podcast! Martin has worked on 3 different continents as a sports scientist and strength & conditioning coach. Currently working in Paris as Head of Performance at Paris Saint-Germain, he is renowned around the world for his ability to merge research and practice. Apart from being incredibly well respected, he is a great guy who is always open and honest in his views. ENJOY!
In this episode, you will learn -
- Who is Martin Buchheit (background, education and current role)
- Sport Performance & Science Reports
- What it is & why it's needed
- 'Houston we still have a problem' editorial
- Advice for researchers
- Advice for practitioners doing internal research
- Date visualisation
- 'Want to see my report coach?' editorial
- Personality types
- 'Outside the box' editorial
- Advice for young practitioners
Martin can be found on Twitter @mart1buch
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is sponsored by BLK BOX, leaders in performance training equipment & facility design. BLK BOX manufacture and distribute a full range of strength training equipment across Europe from their Headquarters in Belfast, Northern Ireland.