Pacey Performance Podcast #140 - Pete McKnight (Director of Coaching & Sports Science at Hintsa Performance)
In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Director of Coaching and Sports Science at Hintsa Performance, Pete McKnight. Hintsa Performance is a company who provide performance coaches for a number of athletes, the most notable being drivers in Formula 1. Pete leads a number of coaches who work one-on-one with the drivers but he also works on the research and innovation side of things at Hintsa. Pete has also been chairman of the UKSCA for a number of years now and has helped the organisation develop a growing reputation in the UK and abroad.
In this episode, you will learn -
- Who is Pete McKnight (background, education and current role)
- Physiological demands of Formula 1 and what training looks like
- Training for the neck & trunk to cope with high g-forces
- What is available from a physiological point of view from the drivers themselves
- What is the future for drivers in Formula 1? In what areas is there room for improvement?
- With so much media demand for the drivers, how do you/they prepare psychologically for a race?
Pete can be found on Twitter @petemcknight
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is also sponsored by Fatigue Science. Fatigue Science combine wearable technology with biomathematical science developed by the US Army to offer fantastic insights into sleep and cognitive fatigue.