Pacey Performance Podcast #139 - Dr. Daniel Cohen (Co-Founder of ForceDecks and Lecturer & Researcher at the University of Santander)
In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am DELIGHTED to bring you Dr. Daniel Cohen, co-founder and head of sports science at ForceDecks. Daniel is also a lecturer and researcher at the University of Santander in Colombia. Daniel has become the face of ForceDecks over the last few years with the company becoming a leader in providing force plates and the associated software to some of the best organisations in the world. If you are interested in learning more about jumping and jump data, this podcast is most certainly for you!
In this episode you will learn -
- Who is Dr Daniel Cohen (background, education and current role)
- Force platform use in sports
- Barriers and issues associated with jump testing
- Why CMJ and why dual platforms
- The importance of looking at eccentric forces and landing forces
- The truth about asymmetries
Daniel can be found on Twitter @danielcohen1971
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.