Pacey Performance Podcast #138 - Inigo Mujika (Associate Professor at the University of the Basque Country)
In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I have the pleasure of speaking to Inigo Mujika, Associate Professor at the University of the Basque Country. Inigo has an unbelievable list of publications to his name in the areas of strength training for endurance athletes, tapering and peaking. Inigo even has a book with Yann Le Meur which looks amazing.
In this episode you will learn -
- Who is Inigo Mujika (background, education and current role)
- Strength training for endurance athletes - barriers and benefits
- Periodisation of strength training for the endurance athlete
- The resurgence of 'aerobic training' for team sports - benefits of this type of training for this group
- Key qualities of a sports scientist
- Key qualities of coaches
- Training load quantification - Do the methods answer the key questions...How hard did the athlete find the session? How hard was the session? How did the athlete recover from the session? How is the athlete coping with the cumulative stress of training?
Inigo can be found on Twitter @inigomujika_en
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is also sponsored by Fatigue Science. Fatigue Science combine wearable technology with biomathematical science developed by the US Army to offer fantastic insights into sleep and cognitive fatigue.