Pacey Performance Podcast #148 - Mick Byers & Luke Heath (Athletic Performance Specialist & Rehabilitation Physiotherapist)
In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I have the pleasure in speaking to Mick Byers and Luke Heath who are Athletic Performance Specialist and Rehabilitation Physiotherapist respectively, at the GWS Giants. Their Head of Department, David Joyce has been on the podcast twice already and it was great to get these guys on to discuss the return to play/performance process.
In this episode, you will learn -
- Who are Mick Byers & Luke Heath (background, experience, and current role)?
- Responsibilities in the RTP process
- Negotiables and non-negotiables in the RTP process
- Benchmarks & goal setting
- Coordination / re-coordination training
- Psychological & emotional barriers in RTP
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is sponsored by Fatigue Science. Fatigue Science combine wearable technology with biomathematical science developed by the US Army to offer fantastic insights into sleep and cognitive fatigue.