In the episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking to first team physiotherapist at Arsenal Football Club, Ben Ashworth. Although Ben is a physio, he also has an Msc in strength and conditioning from St Mary's University in Twickenham. Ben is an expert when it comes to shoulder health which led to some very interesting discussions in part two of this episode.
In this episode you will learn -
- Who is Ben Ashworth (background, education and current role)
- Ben's thoughts around RTP protocols
- Hamstring injury prevention
- Monitoring strategies and how these are fed back to coaches to inform practice
- Ben's relationship and opinion on the new ForceDecks force plates
- Shoulder health and quantifying strength & RFD at the shoulder
Links mentioned -
- Arsenal FC SEMS Conference
- Alan McCall & Greg Dupont paper on the Hamstring Isometrics
- The Athletic Shoulder course
- Athletic Shoulder evening lecture (webinar)
Ben can be found on Twitter @benashworth
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.